Icebreaker has been awarded TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying that this Policy and Icebreaker's privacy practices have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's program requirements including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site www.icebreaker.com. TRUSTe's mission, as an independent third party, is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions. If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy or Icebreaker's privacy practices, please contact us at:
1330 NW 14th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact TRUSTe here.
Icebreaker complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Icebreaker has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Icebreaker's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you create an account or online profile, use the interactive areas and features on our websites, make a purchase, participate in our contests or surveys or when you email, call or otherwise communicate with us. Such information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, photographs, credit card information and other contact or demographic information you choose to provide. We may also obtain information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect on our websites.
We also automatically collect information about you when you access or use our websites. For example, we automatically log your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language and the website you visited before navigating to our websites. We may also collect information about your usage and activity on our websites.
Web Beacons We also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on our websites. For example, we may use your information to:
• operate and improve our websites;
• provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, shipping alerts, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
• maintain and administer your online account;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• send you news and information about events, activities, offers, promotions, products and services offered by Icebreaker or third parties that we think will be of interest to you;
• process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes; and
• link or combine with other personal information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and in other countries.
Disclosure of Information Policy
It is our policy not to share personal information collected through our websites with third parties except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our websites. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our websites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• when you provide a product review or you post content to interactive areas or features of our websites;
• with third party vendors, consultants and service providers that perform services to help us with our business activities (such as shipping your order or offering customer service) and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us
• when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or to respond to lawful requests, legal process or legal authorities;
• when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, respond to an emergency or investigate fraud; and
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, a merger, acquisition, financing or sale of all or a portion of Icebreaker's assets.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Send Your Wish List to a Friend
If you choose to use our website to send your wish list to a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site to review your wish list. Icebreaker does not store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Links to Other Web Sites
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Your Information Choices and Changes
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or emailing us at CS@Icebreaker.com. If you opt out of receiving such communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account, purchases or our ongoing business relations.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or delete your information by making the change on our member information page, emailing our Customer Support at CS@Icebreaker.com or contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at CS@Icebreaker.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Social Media Widgets
We may update this Policy at any time to reflect changes to our information practices and we will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of the Policy. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by posting a prominent notice on our websites prior to the date such changes become effective. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have a question about this Policy, please contact us at:
1330 NW 14th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209866-363-7466