Welcome to Icebreaker’s Industry & Professional Purchase Program
We’ve pioneered the design and use of merino to meet the demands of the outdoor professionals since 1994. Our merino fiber was created by nature to protect merino sheep in the harsh environment of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. If the fiber couldn’t withstand extremes of cold and heat, the animal would die. We can’t design a better fiber, so we’ve turned nature’s merino into an all-season clothing system for professionals like you.
We are excited for you to experience Icebreaker and enjoy the odor-resistant, easy-care, soft and non-itch fiber that keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
New User? Please start with the application below. Once complete we'll review everything and be in touch - so look out for an email from us.
Welcome to the Icebreaker Pro Deal Purchase Program
Icebreaker’s Pro Deal Purchase Program is where industry partners enjoy Icebreaker product at a discounted price. As gear experts, public servants and key influencers, your advocacy of Icebreaker raises brand awareness and drives us to continually design the best merino product possible.
This program is a privilege, and should not be abused. Approval process can take up to 7 days depending on the number of applications. All rules and regulations are explained below.
To gain access to our program, simply fill out our online application and we’ll get back to you shortly and verify your eligibility.
- Industry Professionals: Individuals who work for outdoor equipment manufacturers.
- Outdoor Professionals: Licensed/paid outdoor guides/instructors, Professional Ski & Snowboard Instructors & Ski Patrol.
- Media: Individuals and organizations in the broadcast, digital, print, or film industries.
- Outdoor Education/Non-Profits: Organizations that actively serve in the outdoors or support environmental / outdoor related causes.
- Government: Employees who serve in local and national government agencies who actively work in the outdoors. Avalanche Professionals, Search and Rescue, Military & Forest Service
- Icebreaker Authorized Retail Staff: Current employees of wholesale independent distributors who actively sell Icebreaker product in the United States.
- Purchases are to be made for the individual ONLY. No purchases for friends or family members.
- Once approved membership lasts 1 full year. You will receive a renewal email close to or after your expiration date. You will be required to reapply at that time.
- Retail staff or any other pro members may in no way discuss the program with customers or their peers. Rather, the expectation is that if the individual likes the product, they will make product references and direct towards icebreaker.com or local wholesale distributors.
- Membership is a privilege, therefore if any terms are known to be violated, Icebreaker has the full responsibility to terminate membership at any time.
- Company email address
- Copy of Certification Card showing full “Rock, Alpine or Ski Mountaineering ” Guide status.
Ski/Rock Climbing/Mountaineering (non AMGA/ACMG)
- 2 Letters of Reference (1 client, 1 other guide)/ and or recommendations
- Pay Stub if working for a reputable guide service or other documentation proving full time employment as a guide and experience.
- NSP Certified Patrollers can qualify through NSP Partner Program with either Paid or Volunteer status and will see that option when applying.
- Patrollers without NSP certification: You must be a Full Time Paid patroller and provide Pay stub from a resort.
PSIA Ski/Snowboard Instructor/Certified Coaches
- PSIA/AASI Certified Instructors can qualify through PSIA/AASI Partner Program through snowpros.org and will see that option when applying.
- Copy of Level II or III or Examiner certification card
- Level I may be accepted with letter of reference from school director or proof of employment
- Certified coaches must submit copies of certificates and proof of paid coaching status
- Company email address from Station, Publisher or Newspaper
- Copy of Pay Stub
- Copy of Business Card
- Copy or link to article or published work
Outdoor education & non profits
- Scans of Marketing collateral, website, and other program related documents
- Copies of Certifications/Affiliations
- Pay Stub showing full time paid status
- Copy of certifications
Search and Rescue
- Membership ID from NASAR or Regional equivalent
- Pay Stub
- Copy of Program Certification
Forest service (Full & Part time)
- Copy of Employee ID
- Copy of Pay Stub
By completing this application you acknowledge:
- Icebreaker may contact you via email about your pro account. Please note that we respect your privacy; email and mailing addresses are not released to third parties.
- The responsibility and rules that comes with the special pricing Icebreaker offers you as an industry professional include:
- 1. Do not share your discount price with anybody outside the realm of your membership.
- 2. Talking about your pro deal in retail stores with customers will result in termination from the program.
- 3. Product is for personal/professional use only, not resale.
- 4. All sales are final – no returns/exchanges.
- 5. Pro deal members are not eligible for free shipping.
US Shipping Address only. For Canadian users, please visit the Pro Link found on our Canadian website.
We respect the work you do as an outdoor professional and hope you are able to enjoy the pro deal discounts we offer. In return, we hope you acknowledge, understand and respect how seriously we take this program. We look forward to having you on board!