The icebreaker Guide to Underwear
January 25, 2024 | icebreaker
Want to learn more about icebreaker and the benefits of merino underwear? From bras to boxers and thermals, here you’ll learn everything you need to know.
Merino wool: The heart of icebreaker underwear
At the core of all icebreaker clothing is merino wool. Merino wool is a uniquely soft, breathable and moisture-wicking fiber, making it an ideal material for a range of clothing – including underwear.
Unlike traditional wool, merino wool is fine and smooth. That means comfort against the skin without the itchiness often associated with coarser wool types.
For women: comfort and style
Looking for women’s underwear that stays comfy, cool and moves with you day-long? icebreaker offers a range of Merino underwear for women, including bras, panties, tanks, bodysuits and more. From racerback merino wool bras for sport to cool merino wool bralettes for those hot summer days, you’ll find a comfortable, supportive fit without compromising on style.
Thanks to their top-notch moisture management, merino bras are ideal for both everyday wear and sports activities. If you love keeping active, a merino wool sports bra can be a great choice, offering excellent support and comfort whether you’re running, hitting the gym or playing your favorite sport. Thanks to their breathability, merino bras are also great as summer bras. Plus, they’re quick-drying.
Our women's merino wool underwear range also means a great choice when it comes to panties. Whether you prefer boy shorts or bikinis, merino makes for unique wool underwear for women that’s perfect for all seasons.
Here’s a closer look at what sets icebreaker women's underwear apart:
● Natural temperature regulation: The structure of merino wool is a natural temperature regulator. This helps keep you warm in winter and cool in summer.
● Moisture management: Effectively wicks moisture away from the skin. Meaning you stay dry and comfortable.
● Odor resistance: Merino wool is naturally odor-resistant. This makes it an ideal material for underwear, particularly if you’re active.
● Soft and non-itchy: Unlike traditional wool, Merino wool is fine and soft. So it’s suitable for sensitive skin with no itchiness.
● Sustainable: Merino is a sustainable fiber with a lower impact on the planet.
● Durable and long-lasting: Merino wool fibers are naturally strong and resistant to wear and tear.
● Versatile: Fits comfortably under any outfit.
● Easy care: Merino wool is easy to care for, machine washable and quick to dry.
● Hypoallergenic: A great choice for those with allergies or sensitivities.
For men: durability and functionality
Whether you’re looking for the perfect everyday underwear or options for keeping active, icebreaker's men's underwear collection has everything you need. From merino wool boxer briefs to, t-shirts and tanks, every piece is designed for comfort and durability.
For those seeking extra warmth, the men’s thermal underwear sets and men’s merino wool long underwear are ideal. They offer an extra layer of warmth without bulk, perfect for colder climates or outdoor activities.
Here’s a closer look at what makes merino men’s underwear a great choice:
● Enhanced durability: icebreaker men's underwear is crafted to withstand frequent use, for a pair that lasts and lasts.
● Superior comfort fit: Discover all-day comfort, whether for work, leisure, or physical activities.
● Effective moisture wicking: The merino wool in icebreaker's men's underwear excels in drawing moisture away from the body. So you stay dry no matter what.
● Thermal regulation: Merino underwear offers warmth in cold environments while remaining breathable in warmer settings. And it’s all thanks to the unique structure of the merino fibers.
● Odor control for active lifestyles: The natural properties of merino wool help keep you fresh. Particularly key when you’re staying active.
● Freedom to move: Flexible and resilient to move with you throughout the day.
● Eco-conscious: Merino is a sustainable, renewable fiber.
● Streamlined for layering: Whether you’re looking for underwear that works well with thermals or other clothing, merino never adds bulk.
● Breathability for all-day wear: Helps maintain comfort and dryness, day long.
● Allergy-friendly: Great for those with sensitive skin or allergies.
icebreaker Merino technology
At icebreaker, we are proud to offer a range of innovative merino wool technology, for fabrics that work in a range of climates and activity levels.
Here’s a look at some of the fabrics we use to craft our underwear to deliver the highest quality and performance.
A groundbreaking development in the world of performance wear. With Cool-Lite™, you get a blend of two natural fibers – merino wool and Tencel®, derived from eucalyptus wood. The result is a fabric that’s not only lightweight and soft but also exceptionally breathable and moisture-wicking.
Enhanced durability with all the advantages of Merino. By wrapping superfine merino wool fibers around a nylon core, we deliver exceptional resilience, softness and breathability in one. Ideal for everyday wear and keeping active.
Sustainability: A core value
Finally, sustainability is at the heart of everything we do at icebreaker. It’s a dedication to the environment that’s reflected in every aspect of our business. That extends from the sustainable merino fibers we use in every garment to our manufacturing processes.
We also strive to reduce waste, use resources efficiently, and promote environmental stewardship. It’s an ethos that’s not only about creating the highest quality products we can but also making a positive impact on the planet and its people.
Your best pair of underwear ever
Whether you are looking for a merino wool sports bra, cool boxers, wool underwear, or thermal sets, there’s an icebreaker option for you. Plus, check out our base layers, tees, jackets and socks for high-performance wear for every adventure.
More for you
Which fabrics insulate best? | icebreaker
October 27 2022 | icebreaker
The Tech Behind ZoneKnit™ | icebreaker
October 6 2022 | icebreaker
Flying long-haul | Why merino is a must wear on long-haul flights | icebreaker
May 19 2022 | icebreaker